Wednesday 20 April 2016

Postcards

Postcard Backside 
The backside of my postcard is the same landscape version on all of my postcards. I own quite a few postcards where the picture on the front is portrait, but the back must still remain this landscape layout - I am not sure if this is regarding postage(?). I kept to my branding for the back as the front is purely just the featured illustration. I also thought it was important to have some of my social media and contact details on the back. I added two little wasps in the negative space of the left handside because it looked a bit empty and in need of some angry insects...


Unsuccessful Postcards
I printed these designs out as postcards for my promotional pack. I thought they would work well but I could tell from my practice plain paper print outs that they just didn't work well in the composition and scale of a postcard. Luckily I had quite a few potential options so scroll down to see some designs which worked better to this format...



Successful Postcards
I think the postcards that worked best as postcards were the ones where the illustration took over the whole of the front side, like the Egg Man image, or where it is emerged in negative space like the Palm Leaves. I don't think it looks as good when there is a white border type of thing around the image. 







Technical Difficulties
Unfortunately the print room technician was a student and didn't align my postcards correctly - next time I will do it myself. This was really frustrating because my postcards are not lined up correctly on the back and front. It makes them look really unprofessional and unsalable. However in future if I line them up myself and ensure the print technician is capable I think they will work really well - I could also use a company such as vistaprint which may actually turn out cheaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment