Thursday 21 April 2016

300 Word Summative Position Statement

My work reflects some key elements of my interests and inspirations; colour, pattern, detail, people and nature. I think my work can still be applied to most contexts, however I am more interested in creating work along the theme of reportage. Creating work purposely for Editorial is not what interests me, because I like putting care into a project and I wouldn’t enjoy really quick deadlines as much as I would longer ones. I am currently looking for work and internships to be part of a creative company. I think this would work best to my social side and I really enjoy being around other people and working for a bigger purpose.

Saying this I am also certain I will be continuing my illustration practice even if I do not work directly under the job title of illustrator. The Start Up Wednesday and Career Track Tuesday talks have really helped me and encouraged me to register my business. Working on my portfolio and creating commercial work for sale is what I plan on doing this summer whilst working and alongside actively searching for internships and work.

Travelling after Christmas also gives me a reason to get in touch with travel publications and propose some ideas for an illustrated travel diary or a collection of work for exhibition etc. I have started contacting people regarding this but I will be continuing throughout summer. Summer also gives me an opportunity to improve on and add work to my Travel Diaries section on my Website, online portfolio, which I think will be really beneficial to show potential commissioners or employers.

I am also really interested in creating personal work for people. This will fit into my commissions over summer. I have been doing this throughout the year in PPP, starting off with my Art for Arthritis Research Project. It is really fun creating illustrations specific to someone, however creating broader commercial work is best for making money!

No comments:

Post a Comment