Wednesday 20 April 2016

Bookmark


This is my bookmark! I thought I would include a bookmark in my promo pack because they are really quick and easy to do and a great application for my original pattern illustration. I think my illustration works really well in this context, it doesn't have much deep meaning behind it, although you could probably read into the symbolism of the wasps, flowers and birds, but it is pretty and colourful and vibrant! I like these factors about little things such as bookmarks. Having a nicely decorated one just brightens up your day a bit. I think these are also great for promo packs because they can change in size depending on the size of the pack. This one is set at 6" by 2" which is a good size to fit the illustration at quite a detailed level. I like it having some negative space too as it juxtaposes well against the colourful nature of the illustration. 

Technical difficulties- Unfortunately I had some technical difficulties when printing my book mark because there was a student technician working and she printed it wrong! She put the first side on both sides, one of them upside down. This was very annoying but I will have to ensure I just get a slot with a print technician that knows what they are doing next time. 

I wanted to add a tassle to the end of the bookmark so I left some blank space for this. On the bottom of the book mark I included my website. Unfortunately this was the side that wasn't printed by the technician!


No comments:

Post a Comment