Wednesday 20 April 2016

CV and Cover Letter

I decided to produce both a red and turquoise colour text version because I wasn't 100% sure on the colour scheme - mainly because the red looked more like a brown than a mauve and I don't think brown font gives off the right impression for my brand. The first two are the cover letter formats, the latter two are the CV's. I wanted keep the same branding throughout but I wanted to mix it up a bit - the format of the font etc was already a different format. The changes I made were: 
  • I made the header larger on the Cover letter because their is less writing, I also wanted this sheet to have more impact with the illustration as it is the 'front cover' and the thing the employer will see. I am selling my illustration skills so it was important for me to include an illustrated component on this section. I like how the leaf and wasp come in between the writing, I adjusted the image on Photoshop by erasing some other aspects of the illustration so that this was possible. 
  • I kept the banner that has an abstracted and faded version of the pattern. 
  • Instead of taking up space on the left upper side of the page with my contact details, I just put a select few on the bottom line of my Cover Letter page. 






No comments:

Post a Comment