Friday 28 August 2015

New York: City Living


http://awaspinawig.tumblr.com/post/127956775600

I loved New York but it was a big culture shock when I arrived. Everything was exotic, the weather, the wide roads, even the road crossings and the sirens. I had imagined it more like a bigger, more shiny london, but it was totally foreign apart from the language! The adverts on the tvs in the taxis, the taxi drivers and the taxis themselves! The first couple of hours I felt out of my comfort zone and slightly daunted but soon I began to embrace and love it. In these sketchbook pages I tried to capture the overwhelmed tourist theme... these were mainly based on characters I spotted around the hussle and bussle of Time Square.

http://awaspinawig.tumblr.com/post/127951832265

I also made it to the top of the Rockefeller Center where the views were absolutely incredible. I saw it in day light and then again in the evening- both were amazing but I did love the contrast of lights at night!



No comments:

Post a Comment