Tuesday 25 August 2015

August Art for Arthritis Project: Surfer Dude

For this brief the client wanted a picture of himself and his surf board. He gave me a reference picture and said he was open to any media or size etc. Because he gave a very generation to my JustGiving page I thought it would be good to do him a painting. I struggled thinking about the best size but I went for an A4 as I thought this would give me enough space to be able to work details in but still small enough for him to put places in his house, he runs his own business so he wanted something he could put up in his office.



I started by sketching basic layout in pencil and then worked into it using acrylic paint, adding more and more detail. I decided not to add pen as I had on previous commissions as I thought this would take away from the relaxed vibe of the painting which fitted well with the content. I was pleased with this painting and I got a really good response from it, I think this was definitely due to spending a lot of time and attention on catching the right atmosphere and likeness of the image using carefully selected colours and brush strokes.

http://awaspinawig.tumblr.com/post/126687110190/here-is-one-of-my-illustrations-for-my-august-art

No comments:

Post a Comment