Thursday 27 August 2015

August Art for Arthritis Project: Wedding Portrait

For this brief the client wanted me to create a portrait of her two friends for a wedding present. She asked for it in pencil but was flexible with other media and said about a A4 or smaller so she could frame it. I started off drawing it pencil and then wanted to add some depth so I added a fine black pen line where the shadows were, I then decided the piece needed a bit more life but I still wanted to go for a neutral colour as I wasn't sure on the couples preferences and to be suitable as a wedding gift, so I chose to do the border/background in light blue acrylic paint. I used short brush strokes as I wanted to add some depth/interest in the paintwork.

http://awaspinawig.tumblr.com/post/127724006915


No comments:

Post a Comment