Tuesday 25 August 2015

August Art for Arthritis Project: Boats at the Seaside

For this brief the client wanted two seperate but similar A3 illustrations of a seaside scene based on a reference image. She originally wanted it with inks but I didn't have the combination of colours she wanted so I tried to create a similar effect with watered down acrylic on thick paper but I wasn't very happy with the final effect and I think it would have looked a lot better with either water colours or inks and pen lines. We live and we learn.

Here's a close up of one of the illustrations focusing in on the mid point of the image; the boats:

http://awaspinawig.tumblr.com/post/126686879800/here-is-one-of-my-illustrations-for-my-august-art

I suggested personalising the image by adding nicknames of her and her friends to the boats where they usually have a name, she really liked this idea so I added these to the image:

No comments:

Post a Comment