Sunday 6 March 2016

Website: Mobile Compatible

I was having difficulties with my website when being accessed through a mobile device because the images can up really spaced apart and really small on the screen (even though they were high resolution so you could zoom in- but it just failed to look very professional).

I tried to change the display themes and settings on my website but my current theme is one of the only ones which allows me to have a featured image by the 'A Wasp in a Wig' heading. The others did have it sometimes but we're usually very large which got in the way of the rest of the page. I much prefer just having it as a constant at the top left side of the page. Also I prefer the negative space (white) on this website design to others with black and grey backgrounds. I find this creates a much clearer and professional appearance and also juxtaposes and draws attention to my thumbnails well because they are quite detailed and colourful. 

So changing the display theme would not help. But on settings I discovered a part talking about mobile and android design which I tried out and I am so happy with it! As you can see in the images below all of the projects and images are tightly fitted and ordered together and the page can be navigated really easily on a phone or device! This makes my website so much better and more professional because as our tutor told us, if art directors etc are commuting they will not want to waste any time zooming or loading things. 
This is the Homepage part - all projects are visible here. Once you click on one it takes you to the page of the specific project and you can scroll to see the images or click right or left to view another project. 

Here you can see my recent post on my Kerala inspired yoga pose prints. 


No comments:

Post a Comment