Wednesday 9 March 2016

Mother's Day Card

This is my Mother's Day Card! I used gouache and then added details with a black fine liner pen. I looked at images of peacocks to develop an understanding of their form, and then I just painted and drew it from my imagination using creative freedom with the poses and general appearance of the peacocks. The original image was a much larger piece with three baby peacocks (these illustrations can be seen on the blog post linked below) but this illustration didn't look as professional or finished as I wanted because of the layout and composition. Cropping it meant that I could focus in on the protective elements of the idea of a mother and the cute vulnerability of the child being kept safe. It also focuses in on the most recognisable aspect of the peacock- its tail.
http://a-dear1316sp.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/peacocks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment