Tuesday 23 February 2016

Tutorial with Jamie Mills

For my PPP module I asked Jamie for some advice for my website.

He said that he liked the thumbnails, but that the column along the left hand side (where I had put all my social media and even art foundation work etc as well as the different projects) was far too long. This was good to hear as I knew I needed to make it look more professional and he taught me how to attach links to words so for example, Facebook - would link to my A Wasp in a Wig Facebook page. He said it might be a good idea to put all of these social medias etc on my 'About me' page, and to get rid of the art foundation flickr (which I absolutely agree with!) because your portfolio shouldn't really be over 2 years old at this stage.

I think the web page looks much better as it is simpler and more succinct now with just projects, the 'About a Wasp in a Wig' page and a link to my Vimeo. Although the animations on it at the moment are not amazing, Jamie said to keep it as it adds something - showing a different element of my illustration.

He also spotted some of the images I had put up the other night, which I knew were not appropriate, that were photos and not scans… he reminded me how important the presentation is. I have used scans on all my other pages but on my 'Portraits' page I had been lazy. I will now organise some work to scan in and upload to my online portfolio (my website).

Overall this was a really helpful quick tutorial for PPP as it gave me some good tips of professionalising my website.

http://www.jamie-mills.co.uk
www.alicedear.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment