Thursday 11 February 2016

Creating a Professional Look for my Thumbnails




I have been trying for the last couple of days to find a way of presenting my thumbnails in a way that they can all work as a succinct set and link together my various projects while still showing the differences between them. I really want negative space to play a big part in my website because I always over complicate things in my work so it is crucial my website makes this work look professional and not over cluttered. Negative space, a large amount of white, is a good way of doing this as it challenges me to work in a simpler format.

I tried a few different ways of doing this. I was considering black and white as this would tie them all together, however I just thought that really didn't fit to the themes in my work which are all about colour and colour is just such a driving force in why I like art.

I thought then that maybe a wasp image in white on top of the images may work, I still haven't explored this but I decided to go with a plain frame because the thumbnails themselves are quite complicated so I thought another image (a wasp) on top may again over complicate the presentation. I decided to adapt the original images on Photoshop by copying and shrinking the original image within a frame of the image border, with a white gap inbetween. For now I am happy with this format and I think it works well at creating a consistent look within the thumbnails on the home page.

Of course this is ongoing progress at creating a professional website and no doubt will change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment