Monday 4 January 2016

Fab India!

Fab India was the only 'high end' shop I visited during my time in southern India... and it did not disappoint, it was filled with beautiful designs and crafts.

The shop was not big, but I spent hours in there looking at all of the items because of the amazing colour schemes and detailing on everything! I absolutely love Indian style and fashion, during my time there I was constantly in awe of the Indian peoples everyday saaris - the colours and combinations shocked and inspired me... in England people would avoid wearing even a black shoe with a brown bag! The textiles in Fab India were just as inspiring- I couldn't help myself and bought 3 cushion covers and a bed throw! (I am now a grown up -eek).

Another reason I love this shop is because they platform products that are made from traditional techniques, skills and hand-based processes. Fabindia links over 55,000 craft based rural producers to modern urban markets, thereby creating a base for skilled, sustainable rural employment, while preserving India's traditional crafts. Their products are natural and craft based.


http://www.fabindia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment