Monday 18 May 2015

OUIL502: Evaluation

Overall I found this module really helpful in organising, separating and collecting all of the things I see around me that inspire me. Using Blogger allows me to actually write a bit about my own opinions on what I like etc rather than just 'liking' it like I do on Instagram and other social media sites everyday.

This blog made me want to do more research into the brands and the heads of the companies etc. It gave me the motivation and starting point to go and find out for myself what it interests me.

The module was also extremely useful in introducing us to the professional realms of the illustration practice. John was so helpful and really inspirational; he taught me that it is crucial to get your name out there as many times as possible and not to let a no response scare you. He also taught us that new and innovative ways of creative a professional presence such as delivering your CV on a milk bottle, grabs the attention of potential employers and sticks in their brains a lot more. His advice was really motivational and I hope to carry on this work and email other practitioners, visiting them if possible, throughout summer and Level 6.

The Life's a Pitch project was really good in helping me to investigate into the professional legalities of starting a company and providing a service in the creative industries. Also really good to work as part of a team and allowed us all to focus on specific parts and then convey them to each other. The presentation was really helpful to practice public speaking however I think we could have definitely improved on it if we had practiced together much more. I think we were all quite nervous so more practice would have helped us out a lot. This is something I have kept in mind for the presentation at the end of this module as I want to rehearse it so I am comfortable in knowing the speech/general topics I am covering.

Finally my promotional pack and online presence was a great way to end and sum up the years work on this module. I really enjoyed working on this as I found it really exciting to see my work in a more professional and interactive setting. I plan to keep these social media sites up to date throughout summer and level 6 and to explore different ways I can portray my work visually to interact and attract the attention of the audiences the most.

I also plan to send off parts of my promotional pack and products to influential people who I aspire to as I think this is a great way to connect and grab their attention instead of just sending an email alone. It would be great to get some advice and tips. I also want to collaborate with a few creative people I know back home over summer and see what we can create by working together with our different skills. This module has really helped me to see the links between all the different creative industries and the vast potential for collaboration and entwined projects; such as the TAG zine brief I worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment