Sunday 8 March 2015

OUIL502: Tetley book fair

I went to see the Tetley book fair. This was a really good chance to see people trying to sell their products and their brands; most of the tables had business cards and I collected them to look after and see if any stood out to me etc.

Unfortunately I thought most of them were boring! They were functional but perhaps not expressive enough of their creativity... however I think this may be because a lot were book binders etc.

In any case this gives me something to think about when creating my own cards and what I want them to represent!

Artists:

Lina Avramidon- book arts & binding
Ian Mitchell- artist
Rebecca Feneley- Illustrator
Amelia Crouch
InkandRose
Debra Eck
Elizabeth Shorrock- mixed media art and handmade books

West Yorkshire Print Workshops /exhibitions 

AMBruno - Red 
It is a coalition of artists with diverse individua practices, brought together by a common interest in the medium of the book. New work on a given subject is produced and shown at exhibitions and fairs- for the 2015 Contemporary Artists' Book Fair at the Tetley, Leeds, 


No comments:

Post a Comment