Monday 6 October 2014

OUIL502: Study Task 1 - Who am I? Why am I here?

5 things I have learnt so far...
1. A range of line qualities add a lot to the depth and complexity of a piece.
2. Colour is crucial to add atmosphere and meaning to a piece.
3. Media needs to be chosen appropriately as it can totally change the way an illustration is interpreted.
4. Layout should be thought about and explored carefully; this too can add or take away effect from the illustration. 
5. For my work it is important I use filtered reference material to add realism to my work but to not allow myself to rely on this too heavily and explore my imagination more.

5 things I want to know more about...
1.  The different area specialities in the industry. 
2. Good internship/ work experience possibilities and how best to improve my chances of getting it.
3. Processes such as screen printing
4. Processes such as etching
5. Skills using paint such as oil painting

5 strengths...
1. Using detail in my work
2. Using colour
3.portraits 
4. Line work 
5.

5 things to improve on...
1. Concept
2.layout
3. Symbolism/imagery
4. Composition
5. Professional look

5 images that define professional illustration to me...
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment