Monday 10 February 2014

OUIL402 PPP1 Study Task 1- Why am I here? What do I want to Learn?

Using the online resources that you have been introduced to in the module briefing, questions raised in the studio workshop and your initial experiences of the first few weeks of the programme:

Identify and explain 5 reasons why you chose to study on this programme.
  1.  Learn from tutors experienced in the field. 
  2.  Learn from being around other illustration students in a studio environment.
  3.  Get to use the collage facilities and skills workshops in relation to illustration
  4.  Learn more about how illustration works and the habits and methods needed in order to be successful in a career. 
  5. Get to spend my time image making and drawing and thinking about creating work. 
Identify and explain 5 things that you want to learn during your time on the programme
  1.  How to use Illustrator and Photoshop in more depth.
  2.  Learn what direction my own work is going in and how it could fit in to the industry.
  3.  Learn about managing multiple projects at once.
  4.  Learn how to improve my own process of making illustrations.
  5.  Learn about other influential and skilled practitioners; present day and historically.
Identify and explain 5 skills that you think are your strengths.
  1.  Drawing accurately to an image or life, e.g. proportions. 
  2.  A long attention span when drawing, so I like to spend a lot of time on an image.
  3.  Creating lots of detail within my work.
  4.  Manage my time well and prioritize work that needs to be done.
  5.  Open minded to different ways of working.
Identify and explain 5 things that you want to improve.
  1.  As said above... I am open minded however I find it really difficult to be satisfied with my own work if it's not in the style that I like.
  2. I need to be in the right mood to create good work, so some of the studio based activities will probably not end up as good as if I were to do it in my own time. 
  3. I need to venture away from reference images as once I start using them I often want to continue to stick to it to draw the rest of the image so it looks right. I need to make it mine and not just like the photo. 
  4. After spending time creating a final piece I feel like all the work is done however I must ensure it is presented or printed professionally in order to make the most of the illustration!
  5. I want to improve my knowledge about other practitioners and illustration as a career,
Identify and explain 5 ways in which you will evaluate your progress
  1.   By recieving official grades and marks.
  2.   By the feedback from my peers.
  3.   By feedback from my tutors.
  4.   Whether it fits the brief.
  5.   Whether I am happy that I have learnt something from creating it or am happy with the actual work produced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment