Sunday 9 February 2014

Fashion Illustration

I love Chico Baldini's work for its colour, it is full of atmosphere and feeling and I definitely will use his work as inspiration for patterns and colour. 

I like the way this artist has used negative space and blocks of colour in their fashion illustrations. 

I find fashion illustration really interesting and I want to pursue it especially using strong ink lines and pen and water colour, I also intend to buy some gouache. 
Some illustrations I have done in the past which link to fashion illustration: (in the future I will place emphasis on the garment rather than the portrait) 
This image focuses on the use of pattern in fashion illustrations although it is not specific to any. It was a practice piece to use my imagination to fill the page with pattern. 
I used a reference image from amass one for this piece. I used pen and then added a warm colour scheme of orange, brown, gold and added shadows using dark blue , with coloured pencils. 
I just used pen to draw the simple figures in this piece. I used a reference image of models off the catwalk but dressed in their Alexander McQueen dresses.
Another McQueen model. I found the reference photograph on the Alexander McQueen Instagram account and chose it because I think the model looked intriguing and held emotion in his face even though he was almost perfectly statuesque. I used pen and coloured pencil to add colour. 
I used a reference image from a magazine for this illustration. I drew it in pen using dots and then added parts of colour using coloured pencil. I like using coloured pencil as you are able to adjust the colour, strength and sharpness depending on how much pressure you put on.
I used a reference image from a magazine to draw this simple pen illustration of a model wearing an Indian headdress. I drew it directly onto the paper with pen as I didn't want to create any marks rubbing out pencil lines. 

I then used pro-markers and coloured pencils to add different colours to the portraits.
As some of my friends liked the Indian headdress portrait I used a website to upload and edit the image and reproduced the illustration onto clothing. 

I used collage and coloured pencils to create this illustration of Cara Delevingne.
I really admire Beyonce so I used a reference image and used collage, coloured pencil and wax crayons to create this vibrant portrait.
I drew Cara Delevingne again using pen and coloured pencil and changed the tips slogan 'ain't no wifey' to 'illustration 4 lifey' to show how cool illustration is :)
I started playing around with editing paintings and drawings with photoshop: here I used pencils and watercolour and then scanned in the image and added some tones and blurred to create the final illustration.

My friend requested a portrait so I drew her first using pencil pen and coloured pencil and then reworked it on photoshop. I added the girly butterflies and details as it fits perfectly with her fun personality. 
I drew out pencil illustrations and then scanned them in and worked on the using photoshop individually. I then put them together and combined the acknowledged patterns together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment