Wednesday 8 January 2014

Super Superficial

In London over Christmas break I discovered the shop Super Superficial and I loved the illustrations in there. One was of a Pelican, known for standing on its one leg, with four legs, on a T-shirt. I loved the simplicity but originality in the works along with the skill, colour and compisition used; it is definitely somewhere I will visit again. It inspires my own personal and professional practice as it is a prime example as to how illustration can be something experimental and wearable. The pieces are fun and it is a good point to keep in mind that my illustrations can just be simple and fun whilst still being effective.
http://supersuperficial.com/v2/index.php


"We've all had moments of lethargy, Clive." He didn't so much as blink, maintaining a stern disposition. "I know things have been difficult lately but you cant stay, sat on Thom's head. It's not Normal." Clive didn't care about 'normal'. He didn't care about anything. He's a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment