Thursday 15 October 2015

August Art for Arthritis Project: UPDATE: Giselle's Family Portrait Finished

I have finally finished Giselle's family portrait. This illustration was done on A3 paper, in order to fit in a detailed portrait and background of the family holiday home in Cornwall in. I first sketched a rough out in pencil in order to arrange the individuals and background (as the reference photos of their faces were all from separate images). I then used water colour to add colour to the image. I then used black fine liner to draw in the details/faces etc. I wasn't happy with this as the final image though so I decided to add some depth by adding some acrylic paint to specific parts such as highlights and a border to fade into the image. Once this had been done I decided to neaten it up a bit by adding more details with some black fine liner, while I was doing this it allowed me to have another go at getting a better resemblance to the faces.

http://awaspinawig.tumblr.com/post/131222593830/151015

Find this on my Tumblr Blog under August Art for Arthritis Research; even though it has been finished in October, the proceeds are still going to this charity so I am keeping it under the same tag/page for now. I will be packaging and posting this image to the family in Ireland this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment